Bangor is is one of N Ireland's main tourist destinations. It is a maritime resort situated on the picturesque south shore of Belfast Lough approximately 12 miles east of Belfast.
Bangor offers a wide array of attractions - great family entertainment, superb sports facilities and excellent shopping.
Bangor Marina, is one of the largest marinas in all of Ireland and was recently awarded the prestigious 5 Gold Anchor Award. World class sailing events attract visitors from all over the globe.
Bangor seafront development, which includes the marina, has beautiful gardens and a promenade which leads to Pickie Fun Park and the North Down Coastal Path. The Fun Park has an Adventure Playground, with maritime themed equipment, a Paddling Pool and a Miniature Railway which travels around the colourful Fun Park.
Short sea cruises run from Pickie Fun Park. Fishing, bird watching and sight seeing boat trips are also available.
The North Down Coastal Path is one of the finest shoreline walks in Ireland stretching from Holywood to Portvoe near Groomsport. This path takes you along the Bangor sea front to Helen's Bay, with Crawfordsburn Beach on the way.
Ballyholme Beach is a short distance from the heart of Bangor. This mile-long beach leads to the National Trust nature reserve at Ballymacormick Point.
Other attractions include the North Down Museum, situated at the back of the Town Hall in the beautiful parkland and gardens of Castle Park.
- BANGOR ABBEY
Founded in 558 AD by St. Comgall - 028 9127 0069
- BANGOR CASTLE LEISURE CENTRE
Swimming, fitness suite, health suite, squash courts and indoor sports facilities
028 9127 0271
- BANGOR OMNIPLEX
Watch all the latest blockbusters on one of seven screens - 08717 200 400
Make your own chocolate - 028 9145 6598
- FISHING / BOAT TRIPS
Blue Aquarius - 07510 006 000
John Erskine Boat Charters - 07801 571 830
- KIDZ CLUB / INDOOR ARENA
giant slide and children's indoor fun, indoor football, roller-skating arena
028 9185 7272
- NORTH DOWN MUSEUM
N Ireland's most visited small museum - 028 9127 1200
- PAINT ME GLAZE ME
Make your own pottery, ideal for kids - 028 9146 9509
- PICKIE FAMILY FUN PARK
Children's fun park, playground and cafe - 028 9127 0069
- TOWER HOUSE, TOURIST INFORMATION CENTRE
Sightseeing, events and activities information, souvenirs and crafts. Accommodation bookings - 028 9127 0069
- WARD PARK
One of many parks in Bangor. Feed the waterfowl and exotic birds. Tennis courts, bowling greens and putting green - 028 9127 0069
- JOHNNY THE JIG SCULPTURE
by Rosamund Praeger
Ireland's only one
- PAINT ME GLAZE ME
Make your own pottery, ideal for kids - 028 9039 7667
- QUEENS LEISURE CENTRE
Fitness suite, indoor bowling, badmington, five-a-side fooball and basketball
028 9042 1234
One of several parks in the area. Playground, bowls and football pitches
028 9042 2894
- THE OLD PRIORY
Dating back to the 13th Century
- BANGOR SPORTSPLEX
A floodlit athletics track and all-weather astro-turf pitches - 028 9127 5622
- COCLE ROW COTTAGES
Tourist and heritage information in an authentic 1910 atmosphere - 028 9127 0069
- CRAWFORDSBURN COUNTRY PARK
Ulster's most popular country park. 3.5km of beaches and riverside rambles and visitor centre with cafe - 028 9185 3621
- DONALDSON LAKE / PORTAVOE RESEVOIR
07732 636 359
- EDDIE IRVINE SPORTS
Go Karts, indoor football, paintball and snooker - 028 9145 1457
- GREY POINT FORT
An unusual wartime artillery site - 028 9185 3621
- ULSTER FOLK AND TRANSPORT MUSEUM
Museum of the Year with heritage and transport museums. Events run throughout the year. Cafe on site - 028 9042 8428
See the North Down Tourism Website for further details of attractions in the area.
Kissimmee is a charming, distinctive area that’s part of one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. In the heart of Florida, it lies close to Orlando and the famous Florida Theme Parks - Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld.
All different types of activities and attractions are within easy reach. The area’s authentic small-town charm evolves into theme park thrills, outdoor adventures, challenging golf, memorable fishing trips, tranquil beach landscapes, excellent shopping and any other vacation escape you dream of.
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Walt Disney World Resort
- SeaWorld Orlando
- A Ghost Tracker Ghost Tours
- Horse World Riding Stables, Inc.
- The Ice Factory of Central Florida, Inc.
- Kissimmee Ghost Tours
- Misty Blue Acres Carriage Company
- Richard Petty Driving Experience at WALT DISNEY WORLD®
- Indy Racing Experience
- ESPN Wide World Of Sports® Complex
- Air Florida Helicopter Charters
- Biplane Rides Over Kissimmee
- Bob's Balloon Rides
- Magic Sunrise Ballooning
- Orlando Balloon Rides
- Painted Horizons Hot Air Balloon Tours
- Thompson Aire, Inc.
- Waldo Wrights Flying Service
- Warbird Adventures, Inc.
- Orlando Heli-Tours
ARTS & CULTURE
- Orlando Museum of Art
- Kissimmee Sculpture Experience
- Greenfield Gallery, L.L.C.
- Gallery One Artists
- A World of Orchids
- DisneyQuest ® Indoor Interactive Theme Park
- Fun Spot Jr.
- Fun Spot of Florida, Inc. Action Park
- Fun Spot USA
- Green Meadows Pet Farm
- Happy Days Family Fun Center at Old Town
- Haunted Grimm House of Old Town
- The Holy Land Experience
- Magical Midway
- Medieval Life
- Old Town Shopping, Dining and Entertainment Attraction
- Orlando Fire Museum
- Orlando Science Center
- Reptile World Serpentarium
- Ripley's Believe It or Not!® Orlando Odditorium
- Stallion 51 Corporation
- Titanic The Experience
- WWII Fighter Aircraft Foundation
- Wycliffe Discovery Center
- Atlanta Braves Spring Training at the of ESPN Wide World Sports® Complex
- Houston Astros at the Osceola County Stadium complex.
- Arabian Nights
- Capone's Dinner & Show
- Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- Disney's Polynesian Resort - Disney's Spirit of Aloha Din...
- Makahiki Luau Polynesian Feast & Celebration
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Merry Mystery Dinner Adventure
- The Outta Control Dinner Show
- Pirate's Dinner Adventure
- Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Shows
- Mickey's Backyard BBQ
- Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando® Resort
- Cirque Du Soleil® La Nouba™
- Orlando Magic Basketball
- House of Blues® Orlando
- Orlando Sharks
- ICEBAR Orlando, LLC
- Bonanza Golf & Gifts
- Congo River Golf & Exploration Co.
- Jungle Golf Maingate
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Miniature Golf
- Pirate's Island Adventure Golf
- ChampionsGate Golf Club
- Kissimmee Bay Country Club
- Mystic Dunes Golf Club
- Remington Golf Club
- Royal St. Cloud Golf Links
- Celebration Golf Club
- Falcon's Fire Golf Club
- Reunion Resort Golf Course
- Harmony Golf Preserve
- Kissimmee Golf Club
- Kissimmee Oaks Golf Club
- Orange Lake Resorts Golf
- Bataan-Corregidor Memorial
- G.A.R. Museum
- Kissimmee Air Museum
- Monument of States
- Mount Peace Cemetery
- Orange County Regional History Center
- Osceola County Historic Courthouse
- Osceola County Historical Society & Pioneer Museum
- St. Cloud Heritage Museum
- St. Cloud Historical Museum
- USSSA Sports Museum and Hall of Fame
- Veterans Tribute and Museum of Osceola County
- Birding, Hiking, Biking
- Boat Ramps
- Boating Excursions
- Aquatica™ SeaWorld's Waterpark
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Wet 'n Wild
- Mindy O Waterpark at Clarion Resort
See the Visit Kissimmee website for further details of the numerous attractions in the area.